Try this copycat Tim Hortons Iced Capp recipe! Make it in under 5 minutes at home, and it tastes just like the real thing!
🥄 What is a Tim Hortons Iced Capp?
It's a frozen coffee drink created by Tim Hortons. It's made by blending their signature coffee with cream and ice until it resembles a slushie.
If you want something lighter, they have a 'light' version that's made with milk and has fewer calories.
Why This Recipe Works
- Heavy Cream: While heavy cream might seem like a lot for a drink, it's super important. Using heavy cream instead of milk keeps the iced capp rich and creamy because everything is blended with a lot of ice, diluting the flavor.
- Strongly Brewed Coffee: Similar to heavy cream, the ice can dilute the drink's flavor, so we opt for strongly brewed coffee. In this recipe, I suggest using instant coffee granules and doubling the recommended amount.
- The perfect summer drink: It's cool, refreshing, and the perfect way to beat the heat on a hot summer's day!
- Heavy cream: The main ingredient is heavy cream. I've found that vanilla ice cream also works well. If you want a lighter version, use half and half or whole milk, but it won't be as creamy.
- Instant coffee: Use the Tim Hortons brand for the closest flavor. You can also substitute with ⅓ cup of strong brewed coffee or espresso.
- Sugar: White sugar provides the cleanest flavor, but feel free to substitute it with your preferred sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: Use pure vanilla extract or ¼ of a vanilla bean.
- Ice cubes
STEP 1: Mix ⅓ cup of boiling water, instant coffee, sugar, and vanilla in a cup. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
STEP 2: Add the coffee mixture, heavy cream, and ice cubes to a blender.
STEP 3: Blend for 1 minute until smooth. Pour into a cup and enjoy!
💭 Top Tips
- Chill your serving cup for 15 minutes in the freezer before filling it up. The iced capp will stay frozen for longer!
- If you find it hard to blend the mix, try making a larger batch or use the blender's tamper to push the ingredients down.
- Feel free to experiment with different ingredients like chocolate milk and vanilla syrup!
If you have leftovers, store them in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to one month. When you're ready to eat it, let it thaw in the fridge overnight, and then give it a quick blend in the blender to make it a slushie again.
Tim Hortons Iced Capp Recipe
- 1 ½ tablespoon instant coffee granules (or ⅓ cup strong brewed coffee or espresso)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream (see notes for substitutions)
- 1 ½ cup ice cubes (about 10-12)
- Mix ⅓ cup of boiling water, instant coffee, sugar, and vanilla in a cup. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Put the coffee mixture in the freezer and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the coffee mixture, heavy cream, and ice cubes to a blender and blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!