This copycat Five Guys Peanut Butter Milkshake is thick and creamy, and it only takes a few minutes to make with three simple ingredients.
Can't get enough of milkshakes. Try my Strawberry Milkshake next!
🥤 About This Recipe
If you've ever been to Five Guys, you know how thick and creamy their milkshakes are. When I was in college, I used to grab them all the time to pack extra calories during my bulking phase.
Five Guys Milkshakes are entirely customizable. Basically, you start with a vanilla milkshake and can add any combination of mix-ins. My favorite was always the plain Peanut Butter Milkshake.
Be sure to pre-chill your ingredients, serving cups, and blender. This will keep your milkshake colder longer and prevent it from melting!
👨🍳 Replicating At Home
Every Five Guys milkshake starts with vanilla ice cream and plain milk. High-quality ice cream is key; I recommend using Breyer's creamery style ice cream or Chapman's ice cream, which are both made with 100% dairy.
For the peanut butter, any brand will do. I personally dislike crunchy bits in my milkshakes, so I suggest using smooth instead of chunky.
The key to a thick and creamy texture is the right ratio of ice cream to milk. You want to use mostly ice cream and just enough milk to get things moving in the blender. Aim for about 2 cups of ice cream per ⅔ cup of milk.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Using high-quality ice cream is key. We'll need about 2 cups (1 pint) to make a standard-sized milkshake.
- Milk: I recommend whole milk for its creamier flavor, though any percentage will work.
- Peanut Butter: Smooth peanut butter works best as we want a smooth, creamy texture. You can add more or less based on your preference.
STEP 1: Add all the ingredients (ice cream, milk, and peanut butter) to a blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
STEP 2: Pour into serving cups and top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
💭 Top Tips
- Use your blender's tamper to push down ingredients if they get stuck. Avoid adding extra milk, as it'll thin out the milkshake.
- Pre-chill your serving cups and blender! Just 15 minutes makes all the difference.
- If you don't have a blender, you can make this milkshake without one. First, whisk the peanut butter and milk together in a medium bowl. Then add the ice cream and gradually mix until it's all mixed. If it gets too thin, pop it in the freezer for a bit to thicken up again.
🥡 Storage & Leftovers
Storing: Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to one month. When you're ready to eat, let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes, then give it a good stir.
🍽 More Recipes You'll Love
Five Guys Peanut Butter Milkshake Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Add all the ingredients (ice cream, milk, and peanut butter) to a blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into serving cups and top with whipped cream. Enjoy!